- Average scores calculated from:
- 126 web reviews - 15 cruiselinefans reviews
Write a cruise review
Did you love or loathe your cruise?
Tell everyone about your cruise by posting a review. It's quick and easy.
Write a review and earn 2,000 points, bringing you that one step closer to a Bronze award.
Review of the Noordam
Cruise Date: November 2010
Booking: Travel Agency
Embarkation: Port Everglades
Cabin number: 8016
Cabin category: VA
Slightly deteriorating quality
Booked a VF guarantee, slightly more $ than a C ocean-view. Ended up with a VA verandah - very satisfactory.
Many, many minor negatives, none deal-breakers! Evidence of what I consider cut-backs, even though they are really minor:
* floral displays were terribly stiff and formal, and many of those small vases for the dinner table were sadly maintained. Nothing depresses me more than drooping flowers on the table!
* jumbo shrimp cocktail NOT available every night!
* Caesar salad portions about half what I was used to on earlier cruises! But, I always got extra anchovies!
* There seems to be no in-house ship's orchestra. The "Hell Cats" were good, but were mostly for night-clubby stuff; the really good dancers and singers had to use "canned" music.
* Our Cruise Director was good, but I classified him as "the least comfortable in his job!"
But, of course, there were plenty of positives:
* Bar and dining room staff were as friendly and enthusiastic as they have always been!
* The Piano Bar piano man was the best I've ever encountered.
* New to me were the "gift cards" available for 10% less than their face value, and usable everywhere except during happy-hours.
* Cabin stewards continued the traditional towel animals - which I happen to enjoy!
Bottom line, for me: Great cruise, well worth considering another time!
Location: The Villages, FL
- 5 friends
- 0 photos
- 5 cruises travelled
- 8 reviews
- 309 forum posts
More reviews by swrinfla
My companion and I prefer booking a cabin suitable for three passengers. The sofa-bed becomes her preferred bed. On this occasion, due to an unacceptable comfort level, we quickly reverted to two twin beds, leaving the sofa-bed unused! In the ...Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera
I thought I'd posted this a couple of days ago. [?????] Princess standards mostly met. But, I see deterioration in several areas. Such as: -- Cabin service is much less consistent, and even severely lacking. Case in point: We specifically a...Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera
I thought I'd posted this a couple of days ago. [?????] Princess standards mostly met. But, I see deterioration in several areas. Such as: -- Cabin service is much less consistent, and even severely lacking. Case in point: We specifically a...Emerald Princess - A Good Cruise
My third time on this ship. She's undergone renovation since my last time, so looks fresh. Several minor "issues" arose, many similar to those encountered on the Island Princess in November 2011. ** Overall, a slightly less friendly attitude...
More reviews of this ship
Our eleven day New Year cruise on the Holland America Noordam Dec 27, 2012 to Jan 07, 2013 with a one day pre-cruise at the Homewood Suites in Dania beach, FL, which included free parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle service to Port Everg...Noordam Southern Caribbean Part II
January 11th and we are in Barbados. Since we have been here many times, we decided against taking any tours but took a cab into Bridgetown and did some shopping. Some of the places that we have enjoyed in Barbados on previous visits include the rugg...Noordam Southern Caribbean Part I
We drove down to Port everglades on January 6th. We used our usual parking service, Park N Fly. It is almost half the price of the cruise port and offers great service. We boarded the ship at 2pm. This is a great time to board, if you do not m...Worst cruise ever HAL---Noordam at Xmas
Worst part of trip was the food. In dining room the portions were tiny at dinner (I rarely eat half of a restaurant meal so I'm not a big eater. Most food was tasteless and either had no salt or was so salty that it wasn't edible. Salads, desserts, ...Beautiful ship
This was our 2nd cruise on the Noordam. We will be taking our 3rd Noordam cruise in December 2010. Obviously we think highly of this wonderful ship and cruise line. We have only been on two other cruises prior to the Noordam....both on theCarnival M...Review of the MS Noordam 2010
10-DAY MEDITERRANEAN ALLURE 2-12 August 2010 HollandAmerica Line We experience a consistent quality every day about service, information, food, hygiene, kindness and amazing teamwork between crewmembers. Embarkation on the MS Noordam was smooth an...